In Jesus we see a God who experiences anger at the evil in our world, who establishes justice and righteousness, and who works on behalf of the oppressed. We also see in Jesus a God who listens intently, grieves deeply, and weeps. As apprentices of Jesus, we aim to follow his example.
In a commitment to be a part of the solution, we have determined some actionable first steps for Crossroads to take. We understand these actions are only a starting point, and our commitment must, and will be, ongoing. We invite you to join us in the pursuit of racial justice.
- For Jesus to help you search your own heart and reveal needed transformations.
- For the healing and safety of people of color.
- For the church to preach ad live out the gospel in truth.
- For real change in our nation.
- Books to Read: Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria, White Fragility, and Dear Church
- Postcast to Listen: 1619, Scene on Radio
- Things to Watch: Just Mercy (Amazon Video, iTunes free for June 2020), 13th Documentary (Netflix), When They See Us (Netflix), Where Do We Go From Here (OWN), A Time For Burning (YouTube), Panel with Black Voices (YouTube).
- Join the Crossroads Open Conversation on Race
- Watch Pastor Charles' Video
- Spend time in an ethnically different setting than your own. Consider eating at a restaurant, shopping at a store or visiting a park.